“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” - Maya Angelou
Offer someone your time, help, or advice today. It does not have to be anything big, although we would not discourage that, just the smallest help to someone is great!
- Offer to bring in a neighbor's mail if they won't be home for a few days
- Take an older friend or relative food shopping or to the doctor's office
- Pick up any trash you see in your neighborhood and put it in the garbage
- Help a classmate or co-worker with their work
- Don't leave things messy, clean up after yourself
- Take the initiative to go out and help a sick person you know with yard work, housekeeping etc. Don't wait for them to ask you for the help, they usually won't.
- Help a friend move, or at least pack for the move.
- Pick up groceries for a homebound person.
- If you know a family that is going away for a vacation, offer to keep an eye on the house or feed and help out with their animals. If they offer you money-refuse it. These are things we wish to do just for the sake of helping out, not to make money.
- If someone you know has their car in repair and needs a lift somewhere, offer them a ride. Especially if it is a co-worker who might live near you, and needs a ride to work.
- Keep an eye and ear out for any community projects that ask for volunteer work. Even one day a month is very helpful to them!
- If you know of someone who needs a ride offer to take them.