Touch a Heart Tuesday
Take the opportunity to show your love towards others. Just like the old 60's tune goes "Put a little love in your heart", and this stands very true even to this day. After all, love is eternal and a little bit of love goes a long way.
- Mail an uplifting card to someone
- Practice being a good listener, don't jump to offer advice
- Don't hesitate to offer a compliment
- Leave a short note for someone letting them know you appreciate them
- Call someone just to say "Hi"
- Give someone a plant or flowers to brighten their day
- Tell those that you love, "I love you".
- Show your care and interest in a person who's pouring out their guts to you.
- Be a good listener. Don't jump to offer advice- just listen.
- Make a pot of homemade chicken soup for someone who is too sick to cook.
- If you find it difficult to actually say the words "I love you" to someone you love, try writing them a letter.
- If you have small children, do not miss out on the opportunity to tell them how much you love them! So often as parents of young children, we are so busy correcting them and things of that sort, that we forget to enjoy them and show our love in verbal ways. Building up their self esteem and their image of themselves comes directly from you. They see themselves as you project them to be. You are their mirror, so mirror love, kindness and encouragement towards them and a sincere interest in their lives!
- Give a call to an elderly relative to just say "Hi". They will be so happy to hear from you!
- Volunteer at a hospital or nursing home. There are also many sick children in hospitals who would love to receive a card or letters to brighten their day and let them know that people care.