“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” - Charles Dickens
Be mindful of those around you. Whether at home, at school or work, or in public, try to always be thoughtful and considerate to other people.
- Hold doors open for people behind you
- Give your seat to someone else when on the bus or the train
- Allow a person with fewer items to go in front of you in line
- Leave a nice note for a co-worker or classmate
- Say please, thank you, excuse me, and you're welcome. So often we do forget to say these simple but important courtesies.
- Pick up the phone and say hello to a friend who's in need of a little conversation.
- Invite a friend/relative over for lunch.
- Get involved in volunteer work in your community.
- Try to be more conciensious of others feelings.
- Send a person who is depressed a little note to lift their spirits, or a little gift (trinket) of some sort. Just letting them know that you are thinking of them helps so much.