Sacrifice Our Wants for Others’ Needs Sunday
Today is a chance to do something for someone in need. Let your desires come second on this day and give a little something to somebody else.
- Invite a friend or family member over for dinner, especially those who don't get out often
- Instead of spending your money on something you don't necessarily need, donate it
- Cook a meal for a sick friend
- Assist someone with their phone, tablet, or computer if they need help
- Visit an elderly relative in a nursing home.
- Take your elderly family member out on a day trip.
- Spend the afternoon with your children doing something fun together.
- Mow a needy neighbor's lawn.
- Spend time alone together with your spouse doing something that pleases he/she rather than doing what you want to do.
- If you attend a church or a place of worship, you can offer to donate some of your time to help out with the service, or even donate time after the service to help out with any special events the church may be having.
- Join a fund-raising event. Especially a sports related one if you are athletic. For example, often times you will hear of people hosting running marathons to raise money for a needy cause.