“Smile, breathe, and go slowly.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
Practice patience and consideration towards others while traveling. This includes all forms of travel, whether it be by bike, boat, bus, car, foot, plane, train, scooter, skateboard, or wheelchair.
- Don't text while driving or walking.
- If biking use bike lanes when possible.
- When driving move over if you see emergency vehicles.
- While using public transportation give up your seat to someone who may need it more.
- Be patient when on the train or bus.
- Don't drive aggressively by speeding, tailgating, or bullying people on the road.
- Never carry over your personal anger into road rage.
- Let another car come out in front of you in a line of heavy traffic.
- Always yield to pedestrians, especially when you see people standing in the cold rain, sleet or snow.
- Be alert and cautious of bicycle riders on the side of the road.
- Be respectful on the school bus, don't distract the driver or leave trash behind.