“There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.” ― Plato
Try to find enough forgiveness in your heart to alleviate any anger you may be feeling towards other people or even towards yourself. This can be difficult, but it's extremely necessary. Forgiving someone who has hurt you is difficult. Forgiving yourself is difficult. By not trying to forgive we only add to the problem.
There is danger in anger. Too many crimes have been committed by the lack of control of anger, and too many crazy things can happen if the anger is not curbed. Confusion is dangerous. It can lead us to make foolish mistakes. Hatred is all-consuming and destructive. There is nothing good about any of these emotions, so give it your best effort to try and forgive.
- Forgive yourself when you make a mistake.
- Consume positive & uplifting content every day.
- Try deep breathing or meditating to clear your mind.
- Don't hold a grudge.
- Practice thinking good thoughts, not hateful ones.
- Try to make sense of what happened.
- Being able to forgive is very difficult, but putting effort into learning to forgive is worthwhile. Holding a grudge is bad for your health and the recipients.
- Be the first to make the move towards reconciliation. If your attemps fail, at least you tried.
- Look for insightful books on the topic of forgiving. This may be an excellent source of help for you.
- As difficult as this may be, try to put yourself in the offenders shoes. Try to understand what could have made he/she behave this way. Could it be a horrible childhood which they endured? Could it be abuses which they themselves have suffered? I am not trying to excuse them, but just trying to understand why they would behave a certain way. Believe it or not it may help you to be able to release the anger and start the process of forgiving. Never allow any abuses towards you to continue. Seek help, and avoid the offender at all costs! You are worth your weight in gold, and you do not deserve to be made a victim!