Take the opportunity to show your love towards others. Just like the old 60’s tune goes “Put a little love in your heart”, and this stands very true even to this day. After all, love is eternal and a little bit of love goes a long way.
- Be an ENCOURAGER rather than a DISCOURAGER
- Offer to baby sit for friends/family one night so they can go out on a “date”.
- Tell those that you love, “I love you”.
- Mail an uplifting card to someone down in the dumps.
- Show your care and interest in a person who’s pouring out their guts to you.
- Be a good listener. Don’t jump to offer advice- just listen.
- Make a pot of homemade chicken soup for someone who is too sick to cook.
- Don’t hesitate to offer a compliment.
- Write a letter to a special someone.
- Give a call to an elderly relative to just say “Hi”.
- Volunteer at a hospital or nursing home.
- When you offer to help a person in their time of need, don’t say “If there is anything I can do, just call” because most of the time they will not call you. Instead follow up on your offer by contacting them personally to offer your assistance.
Go to a Different Day
Sacrifice Our Wants For Others’ Needs Sunday
Motorist Consideration Monday
Forgive Your Foe Friday
Speak Kind Words Saturday