Motorist Consideration Monday is your time to practice patience and consideration towards others while traveling. This includes all forms of travel, whether it be by car, bike, public transportation, or even walking.
*Much thanks and appreciation going out to Ms. Allison DiAngelo’s 6th grade class for this resource! Thanks!
- When driving on a freeway…move over if possible into a center lane if you see emergency vehicles on the side of the road.
- Be sure to put your car lights on in the daytime to ensure better visibility to other vehicles.
- Be alert to stopping ( not trying to pass) a school bus.
- Don’t drive aggressively by tailgating and bullying people on the road.
- Don’t carry over your personal anger into “road rage”.
- No drinking and driving.
- Allow a fellow motorist to come out in front of you in a line of heavy traffic.
- Always yield to pedestrians.
- Don’t Speed. Highways are not raceways!
- Be cautious of emergency vehicles. No rubbernecking!
- Always use child safety seats for any child being driven in your car.
- Always use seat belts. In most states it is the law.
- Slow down in bad weather.
- Don’t text while driving. In many states it’s against the law.
Offer Your Suggestions: Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to a Different Day
Sacrifice Our Wants For Others Needs Sunday
Motorist Consideration Monday
Forgive Your Foe Friday
Speak Kind Words Saturday